On advice of the Advisor to Prime Minister for Commerce and Investment, the Chairman BOI, being Convener of the Joint Working Group on Industrial Cooperation, is pleased to reconstitute the following CPEC Business Council to accelerate the process of industrialization under the umbrella of the CPEC:-
|Sr.#||Name & Designation with Ministry / Department / Organization||Position|
|Public Sector Members|
|1.||Mr. Abdul Razak Dawood, Advisor to Prime Minister for Commerce & Investment||Chair & Member Steering Committee|
|2.||Chairman, BoI||Member Steering Committee|
|3.||Lt. Gen (R) Asim Saleem Bajwa, Chairman, CPEC Authority||Member Steering Committee|
|4.||Mr. Muhammad Ali Tabba, CEO, Lucky Cement||Infrastructure|
|5.||Mr. Murtaza Hashwani, CEO, Pakistan Services Limited||Tourism|
|6.||Mr. Musaddiq Zulqarnain, Chairman, Interloop||Textile|
|7.||Mr. Asif Peer, CEO, Systems Limited||Information Technology|
|8.||Mr. Sultan Ali Allana, Chariman, HBL||Banking & Financial Services|
|9.||Mr. Fawad Mukhtar, CEO, Fatima Group||Agriculture/Agri Inputs/Livestock|
|10.||Mr. Shahryar Chishty, CEO, Daewoo Pakistan Express Bus Service Limited||Automobile/Low Tech|
|11.||Mr. Faisal Afridi, CEO, Haier & Ruba||Consumer Electronics|
|12.||Mr. Khalid Mahmood, Managing Director & CEO Getz Pharma||Pharma|
|13.||Mr. Riyaz T. Chinoy, CEO, International Industries Limited||Steel|
|14.||Chairman, Pakistan Chemical Manufacturers Association||Petrochemicals/chemicals|
|15.||President, Federation of Pakistan Chamber of Commerce & Industry.|
2. Detailed TORs of the Advisory Group are as follows:
- To be a consultative forum between business community and government on matters related to private investments under CPEC.
- To make specific recommendations for private sector investment in Pakistan under Industrial Cooperation.
- To propose feasible projects for investments for discussion with Chinese Business Companies.
- To formulate strategies for expediting ongoing and future B2B projects under Industrial Cooperation.
- To discuss and explore opportunities and develop new investment model for future projects of CPEC.
- To advise on developing an integrated approach on future development of Industrial Cooperation under CPEC with special focus on agriculture, industry, housing, tourism and any other potential area or sectors mentioned in the CPEC long term plan.
- To advise on any other issue referred by the concerned ministries.
3. The Business Council on CPEC is initially formulated for a period of two years from the date of its notification and shall automatically stand dissolved on the date of expiry of its term, unless otherwise further extended through a notification by the competent authority.
4. This notificatoin hereby supersedes BOI's earlier notification of even number dated 27th March 2019 regarding the composition of CPEC business council.
For further information please contact Industrial & SEZ Manager. Phone: 051-9218619